General Regulations of Examinations
Bona fide students in registered secondary schools/colleges/institutions shall be examined continously from the time they enter the school/college/institution. And all such continous assessment marks shall be sent to the Execultive Secretary in the specified time failure of which shall render the candidatexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Examinations for each level shall be held once a year:
- Certificate of secondary Education Examination (CSEE) and Qualifying Test QT shall normally begin in xxxx and end in xxxx of the examination year.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) shall begin in xxxxx and end in xxxx of the examination year.
- Grade A Teachers's Certificate Examination (GATCE) and Diploma in Education Examination (DEE} shall begin in xxxxx and end in xxxx of the examination year.
- Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) shall begin in xxxxx and end in xxxx of the examination year.
Timetables shall be sent well in advance before the examination to the centres and/or candidates.
- School Candidates who have followed and completed prescribed courses at schools, colleges and other institutions by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MoEVT) and Ministry of Education Zanzibar shall be registered by their respective Heads of Schools/colleges/institutions. Completed entry forms for Certificate of Secondary Education Examination and xxxxxx should reach the Execultive Secretary not later than 30th March of the Examination year.
- Completed forms for Advanced Certificate Secondary Education Examination should reach the Execultive secretary not later than 30th of the examination year.
- Completed forms for xxxxxxx should reach the Execultive secretary not later than 30th xxxx of the examination year.
- Completed forms for xxxxxxxxx should reach the Execultive secretary not later than 30th xxxx of the examination year.
- A pupil still in attendance at one of recognised schools, colleges or institutions will not be accepted as a private candidate
- It is the responsibility of the head of school, college or institution to ensure that the entries are in order.
- It is the responsibility of the head of school, college or institution to ensure that for the bona fide students completed continous assessment forms are submitted to the Execultive Secretary in the prescribed time.
- The Council reserves the right of declining to entertain any application.
- Except in the absolute discretion of the Council, late entries will not be accepted.
- Changes of entries and centres, which should be kept to a minimum, may be accepted if rquests for such changes reach the Secretatry before xxxx for the xxxxx series of examinations and xxxxx for the xxxx series of examinations.
- Candidates shall be required to appear for the examinations at the centres under which they are registered
- A Supervisor appointed by the Council shall be responsible for the proper conduct of the examination. The Supervisor will submit a signed declaration that the regulations have been duly observed throuthout the examination. Provided that the final final responsibility for the conduct of examinations in respect of any centre shall rest with the head of the centre.
- Candidates shall be required to observe any general instructions that may be given by a supervisor and to note carefully any instructions that appear at the head of the examination paper, such as those indicating the number of questions to be attempted.
- Examinations shall be held on the dates shown on the timetable and all papers shall be sat on times specified. As regards the duration of the question papers, the time shown on the paper shall have to be followed where contradictions arise.
- Candidates shall be required to be in their places atleast five minutes prior to the time prescribed for the commencement of any examination.
- No candidates shall be allowed to enter the examination room more than half an hour after a paper has been distributed to candidates and no candidate shall be permitted to leave the room until half an hour has elapsed after a paper has been distributed to candidates.
- No writing paper, blotting paper, books (including text books and dictionaries) or manuscripts may be brought into the examination room other than those permitted by the National Examinations council of Tanzania.
- Candidates shall be required to sit in order of their index numbers.
- No communication, verbal or otherwise , between candidates is allowed during the examination. If any candidate wishes to communicate with a supervisor he/she should raise his/her hand to attract attentions.
- Each candidate is required to write his/her Index Number on every on every script paper used . Using anybody else's Index number is considered as a case of dishonesty that may lead to cancellation of the examination results.
- Every candidate shall be required to answer questions in good presentation and shall answer all questions in the relevant language unless stated otherwise. Except for diagrams, all writings shall be in blue or black ink or ball point pens.
- Names, initials or any other mark that may distinguish one candidate from another should never be written on answer books or scripts papers.
- Candidates must stop writing immediately notice is given by the supervisor to do so. Normally candidates will be warned 15 minutes prior to the time the examination ends.
- Smoking is not permitted in the examination room.
- It shall be the duty of the Supervisor to report all cases of irregularity or misconduct in the examination and he shall have power to discontinue the examination of any candidate who may misconduct himself/herselef.
- A candidate found guilty of dishonesty in connection with the examination may be disqualified in the entire examination. i.e dishonesty in one subject may lead to disqualifications of all subjects sat
- The Supervisor shall report to the Council exceptional circumstances considered likely to prejudice a candidate's performance.
- It shall be the responsibility of every candidates to see to it that orderlines and tranquility are maintained in an examination room
- Question papers for any given examination shall not be taken out of the examination room until the time for that examination paper expires.